Thursday, June 3, 2010

A new look/ Discernment on this whole blog thing/ the Lord blesses.

Good gosh.
The Lord really knows how to open our eyes in weird ways. I will not go in to detail of exactly how He has, but you should know He most definitely has.
I know it has been quite some time since I have written a thing or two on here, but I have been doing a lot of reading and journaling, which has left my brain almost empty at the end of the day for this blog that I call my own. You might say to yourself, "Woah, Matt has a journal that he writes in daily? Has he turned into some little woman?" I have not in fact turned in that direction but my eyes have been opened to the numerous blessings the Lord has granted me and people around me and I cannot help but write it down. I typically write what the Lord has shown me on that particular day, quotes from the books I am reading, verses, or prayers to the Lord. Journal is more for stuff that I am dealing with with just me and the Lord, this blog is for random happenings, funny stories, and then I will try my best and make myself vulnerable in hopes to help someone else who can relate to what I am talking about. - I felt the need to discern the two for you and for me at times.
My sister who graduated from GCSU has been working at Blackbird coffeeshop for ages it feels like. She has had some of the most random/ interesting things happen to her at this place as well. For instance, she got a call from TMZ wanting to know if she had seen Ben Rothlisberger roaming the streets lately. As a girl who knows ABSOLUTELY NOTHING about football she replies with a polite, "Um, who? I am sorry I do not know who that is." She will receive crap from my dad and me for a long long time about that. She has also seen the dude from the Mac commercials and some famous movie star, her name has slipped my mind. Welp, the coffee shop brought her a little present. Some high up lady from the school who is in charge of the grad program walks into Blackbird and orders a drink and like always my sister greets her and strikes up a conversation. One thing led to another and this lady made some phone calls and I got my sister into grad school at GCSU. She started class the very next day... Blessings straight from the Lord. If we just lay down everything and give it to him, he WILL bless us.
I am not a huge fan of long posts so I will stop this one right here.

Last thing.
I think.
I do not know if you have heard any of Jack Johnson's latest tunes, maybe you have, maybe you heard them a month ago?
Any who, here is a pretty rockin video from one of his hits on the new record.





Keep your faith. Always.


matt

No comments:

Post a Comment