Saturday, June 12, 2010

I have a GREAT life, mom.


My mom asked me a question one day on the way to do a little dine and shop, it went like this, "Matt, you have a good life don't you?" She has asked me that before but it was not until that moment that I realized that man, my life is so good.
It is really something else when you allow yourself to let go of worldly worries and other stuff that distracts us from the Lord, and see just how good our lives really are. Now, I mean, yeah we go through some "rough" times, but our lives are not meant to be easy. Like maybe your dad was without a job for 387 days or something like that. I know a little bit about that. But the Lord was always there. Our family may have been scared, but the Lord blessed us, blessed us in ways I could not have imagined. And then He blesses my dad with a full-time youth ministry job.
Those hard times are not cruel punishment from the Lord, they are times where we need to let go, trust in the only one that is guaranteed to come through, and see that the Lord's will for His followers lives is always good. No matter what.
That is what I have been going through since about a week or two into the summer. It was not until I let go that I saw that the Lord never left me, I was just blinded by my selfish desires. Life is different now. I have always been a caring person, I feel for people, that has not changed, I just see other people as my brothers and sisters now. I could write for hours about what the Lord has been revealing to me. That may just have to be a little side project because I cannot shake this feeling that is inside of me. If others can benefit then Praise the Lord. New blog perhaps? Ehhh we'll see.

I started working at a printing company last week with my two brothers, David and Luke. I count paper and plastic Chick-Fil-A items all day... The way I see it now is, I am getting paid for this, money does not create happiness, but it is just another way the Lord is blessing me. So I am thankful for this little job. Thankful for a lot of other things too.

Good words from a great man. And quite possibly my favorite passages in Isaiah.




Keep the faith/love alive.

matt

No comments:

Post a Comment